31 December 2007

Striking while the iron is hot

Preparing the Christmas dinner was both exciting and inspiring. Less than a week later and I have been putting my ideas into action.

I made a second nut roast, based on much the same ingredients. However, I added two ingredients to help retain structural integrity: vegetable stock, and flour. It worked. Or as French people might say: il marche - it walked. Not that French people are likely to be interested in eating nut roast.

I also made more bread sauce. Why have I never made this before? Although far from quick, it is so easy, and so tasty. I have made a lot, and have frozen some in pots for future Sunday evening meals.

As for the sauteed cauliflower and broccoli, I could not resist preparing these again, this time as a chow mein (garlic, ginger and shoyu) flavoured dish. It is barely possible to imagine any food that could be more satisfactory.

No comments: