17 May 2014

Harry Potter Studio Tour


I went to Harry Potter studios on my birthday. It’s at Leavesdon where the films were made.


I saw lots of sets from the films. I liked seeing the great hall, Gryffindor common room and Dumbledore’s office. In the set for the Burrow we saw Molly Weasley’s magic knitting, pan cleaning and chopping carrots and saw how they worked. Out-side we took photos of Privet Drive and the knight bus. We went up Diagon Alley and looked in the shop windows, that’s really magical!
 

 
I was interested in all the props from the film. There are lots of costumes, I like the invisibility cloak and Hermione’s dress from Yule ball. The wands are all different, and we saw the mirror of Erised, Harry’s photo album, the horcruxes and letters the owl brings to Harry at Privet Drive. We saw wigs and masks for goblins, and animatronic animals like Buckbeak and Aragog the giant spider.





 I’m interested in film making, so I liked seeing how they used green screen to film flying broomsticks and Mr Weasley’s flying car. We went in the flying car, we were filmed with green screen and we saw the car flying through the countryside on the monitor. They also used green screen for Harry’s invisibility cloak. It had green lining which made Harry disappear on green screen. At the end of the tour we saw the huge model of Hogwarts castle used to film all the different shots, like Harry on his broomstick with the dragon in the Goblet of Fire. The model castle is really magical and impressive.



 I think that was a really, really great day out. I loved seeing everything and I think it was brilliant  that we could book a British Sign Language interpreter and guide who explained and showed us everything. The butter beer was fizzy, creamy, sweet and delicious! I can’t wait to go again.
 

3 comments:

Private said...

Exciting! We enjoy the photos too! Nice writing Jemima. We are learning so much about Harry Potter...and you.
Libby and family from New York

Anne Hughes said...

Sounds as if you had a wonderful day, Jemima. I really enjoyed reading your account of it, and looking at the photos. xxx

BeaPea said...

You obviously had a a wonderful day out, Jemima. I had no idea you could do so much on a tour of these studios! I hope you are able to go again some time and discover even more.

Beatrice