27 August 2013

First Outings in Kent

I have been on some nice outings in Kent. I went to Howletts animal park on 2nd August I saw monkeys and tigers and gorillas and leopards and anteaters. We got ticket for 1 year so we could go lots of times. On Tuesday 6th August we went to coast at Dungeness, that's a huge shingle beach with a boardwalk. That's really different landscape with little wooden houses. There were dolphins in the sea. On Sunday 25th August I went to Whitstable. It's a little fishing port on the north Kent coast. I had a picnic near the beach. I saw lots of sailboats and dogs. I went to the exhibition of old Shell posters at museum. I think that's interesting, they showed views of Britain in the 1930s. I am looking forward go to Howletts animal park again and maybe a day out in London soon.
Red River Hogs
Honey Badger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jemima, sounds like you are having great fun getting to know your new surroundings. I love the coast, the sounds of the sea and the smell of the salty air.I saw dolphins once when I went on the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam on holiday. I hope your new house is working out for you, I understand you are having some alterations to make it more suitable for you. The hot tub sounds the best bit, I would stick out for getting that! Give my best wishes to your Mum. Wendy Morgan, Durham wheelchair service.

Aunt Fanny said...

Hello Jemima

It's lovely to hear that you're settling in to The South so well. I'll come and see you one day when I'm nearby. I'd love to see the monkeys and anteaters at Howletts animal park! It's been cold and wet in Durham for weeks now, so you're having much nicer weather down there. I look forward to reading about more of your southern adventures!

Cath
(Your mam's friend - you saw me in a pantomime!)